Creamy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
Serves : 6
- 8 cups (about 8 medium) red skinned potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup (about 4 large sticks) celery, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli stalk, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) continental parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Raw Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 cup organic raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
- 2 1/4 tablespoons organic Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 pinch sea salt or more to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold filtered water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt to the water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until just done.
- Rinse them with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and combine with all of the chopped vegetables (except the parsley).
- To make the mayonnaise: Put the cashews and cauliflower in a food processor and add the water until combined well.
- Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth.
- Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Stir through the parsley, and then season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill or serve at room temperature. YUM!
Please note – you will need a high speed blender in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.
See it on my blog
Delicious and easy to prepare, made a nice change from the old white potato salad, thanks. - 25 Sep 2011