1 / 1 Picture by: Lishy.pants
- 3 chopped red hot chillies
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 leaves (1 tablespoon) chopped kafir lime leaves (or leaves from a citrus tree in your yard)
- 3 teaspoons coriander seed powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed powder
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 14-20 de-veined tail-on prawn
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- ½ eggplant
- Garnish fresh basil
- 2 servings rice
Preparation:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Mash chillies, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, lime leaves, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in a mortar and pestle. Once ingredients are paste like add the peanuts, and fish sauce and mash it all up. Get the rice on.
- In a hot fry pan add curry paste, gradually add coconut milk, letting the milk bubble and thicken before you add more. Keep adding coconut milk and thickening, add the brown sugar, stir in and turn heat to medium low.
- Add onions, zucchini and eggplant to the curry, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the prawn and red pepper and simmer till prawn is done (approx. 5 minutes).
- Plate up and garnish with basil leaves and roasted peanuts
You can make this curry vego, or with any other meat, just give appropriate cooking times. Please let me know if you like it or any variations!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!