Raw Vegan Chocolate Fruit Balls
Makes: 12 Balls
- 1 cup nuts – raw almonds, cashews, macadamias
- 1/2 cup organic pitted chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- a couple of drops – 1/8 teaspoon of natural almond essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
Preparation:10min › Ready in:10min
- Mix the coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for rolling.
- Put all other ingredients in a food processor, and slowly add in the orange juice if it doesn’t bind together completely.
- Roll into small balls and coat with the coconut mixture.
- Store in a sealed glass container in the fridge.
They make great snacks in school or work lunch boxes; great power snacks for a long work out; or a great little bite to put beside a cup of herbal tea. These will last in a sealed glass container in the fridge for weeks.
See it on my blog
yum, I made these for a kids christmas party due to many allergies in the group - slight difference in ingredients I used ground almonds to start and added glace cherries - the kids loved them. - 04 Dec 2011
These are fantastic!!! I make them all the time and they are loved by the whole family, I generally leave out the orange juice and almond essence, and use cinnamon in, as well as on them. - 14 May 2012