1 / 1 Picture by: theblendergirl
- 2 cups raw organic fresh spinach
- 1 cup organic zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped red onions (about 1 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup scallions/green onions – (about 6)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a handful)
- 1/4 cup celery (1 large stalk)
- 4 cups strong vegetable broth
- 1 whole roasted garlic bulb
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup raw cashews
- dash of fresh lemon juice to taste
- Celtic sea salt to taste
Preparation:35min › Cook:20min › Ready in:55min
- Place the garlic whole in the oven on about 400 for about 30 minutes until soft and roasted.
- In a saucepan saute onions and scallions with a pinch of celtic sea salt to bring out the sweetness until translucent.
- Add in spinach, celery, zucchini and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in stock and squeeze in roasted garlic pulp and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and then puree in the blender with the cashews and return to the stove to warm and serve.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and a grain ball. YUM!
If you want to make this soup nut-free, stir in a 1/4 cup of rolled oats during cooking – it blends up really well.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!