Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
15 people made this
I have modified an Anzac Biscuit recipe for us gluten-free eaters - using rice flour, coconut sugar and maple syrup. I have still used butter – you really need it for the depth of flavour.
Makes: 30 Biscuits
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup organic shredded coconut
1 cup organic coconut sugar
125g organic butter
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
- In the large mixing bowl or mixer combine oats, sifted flour, coconut sugar and coconut.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and maple syrup and stir over a gentle heat until melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with the boiling water in small bowl and add it into the melted butter mixture.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Lightly grease two oven trays.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the oven trays; allowing room for spreading.
- Cook in a slow oven for 20 minutes at 150 degrees C.
- Loosen while warm then cool on racks.
See it on my blog
The Blender Girl
GLUTEN FREE ROLLED OATS???????? SUGGEST YOU TRY RICE FLAKES,
OR QUINOA FLAKES
- 27 Nov 2014
Only thing is they can't garuntee that outs are gluten free so had to leave them out because I can't afford a reaction
- 25 Jun 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate