2 people made this
I was brought up eating very boring porridge but recently have taken to sprucing it up a bit. This is my favourite gourmet banana, pecan and caramel version.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons toasted pecans
1 drizzle of caramel ice cream topping
- Mix the oats and water in a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Stir the porridge with the milk until desired thickness is achieved. Put back in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked. Add the sugar and remaining milk as desired.
- Peel and slice the banana then put on the porridge.
- Break the pecans if desired then sprinkle over the bananas.
- Drizzle with the caramel sauce and serve while still hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate