Roasted Vinegar Asparagus
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the asparagus and shallots in a large bowl, and pour the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar over. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Spread the asparagus out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and bright green. Shake the tray about half way through to roll the spears over so they cook evenly. Remove from the oven and drizzle the remaining vinegar over the asparagus. Toss lightly to coat, and serve immediately.
Yummy and easy for 2!! I use 500g of asparagus, add roasted garlic, sea salt and toss with all of the vinegar in a baking dish and spray with an olive oil "cooking spray" - stir half way thr. Bake time watch - it will change depending on the "thickness" of the spears. - 29 Sep 2008
We are on a huge "roasted" vegetable phase right now and these were delicious. The tops get nice and crispy, yet the stems and insides stay firm but moist. Wonderful! - 29 Sep 2008
too easy, very tasty - 28 Mar 2013