Coconut Rum Macaroons
10 people made this
This is an old recipe from the 70s which combines delicious coconut and rum essence to make the perfect macaroon.
200g coconut, toasted
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon rum flavoured essence
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup red and green glace cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine coconut, milk, rum essence and ginger. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto foil-lined baking sheet. Garnish each with 1/2 glace cherry placed upside down in centre.
- Bake 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from baking tray to wire racks. Cool completely before storing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate