1 / 1 Picture by: Gigi Nichols
Jam Filled Muffins
- 1 1/3 cups (160g) wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup wheatgerm
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup any flavour fruit jam
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Grease muffin cups or line with paper patty cups.
- Stir together flour, wheatgerm, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together butter, egg and buttermilk. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients; mix just until combined. Fill prepared muffin cups half full with batter. Make a depression in the centre of each muffin and drop in 1 teaspoon of jam. Cover jam with additional batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!