1 / 1 Picture by: sugarplum9085
Hot and Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll
Makes : 24 Sushi pieces
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 (185g) tin tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 sheets nori
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
Preparation:40min › Cook:15min › Ready in:55min
- Prep the Ingredients: Bring the rice, water and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low then cover while simmering until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed; 20 to 25 minutes. Let the rice stand covered for about 10 minutes more to absorb any excess water. Set rice aside to cool.
- Lightly mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, chilli and wasabi in a bowl being sure to break the tuna apart but not mashing it into a paste.
- To Roll the Sushi: Cover a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay a sheet of nori, rough side up, on the plastic wrap. With wet fingers, firmly pat a thick, even layer of the prepared rice over the nori to cover it completely.
- Place about 1 tablespoon each of cucumber, carrot and avocado in a line along the bottom edge of the sheet then spread a line of tuna mixture alongside the vegetables.
- Pick up the edge of the bamboo rolling sheet then fold the bottom edge of the sheet up to enclosing the filling. Tightly roll the sushi into a thick cylinder. Once the sushi is rolled wrap it in the mat and gently squeeze to compact it tightly.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces and refrigerate until served.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!