- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch dried crushed chillies, to taste
- 1 whole pork fillet, cubed
- 1 (220g) tin water chestnuts, drained
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
Preparation:45min › Cook:10min › Ready in:55min
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, spring onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, coriander and chillies. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Thread marinated pork, water chestnuts, capsicums and onion alternately onto skewers. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for several minutes.
- Lightly oil cooking grate. Cook skewers for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Turn skewers while barbecuing to cook evenly, and brush with boiled marinade during last few minutes.
I made it as a stir fry and served it over rice--my husband loved it! - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. Great flavour, but I recommend using mushrooms instead of water chestnuts--they are not a traditional thai ingredient and they break easily when you try to skewer them. - 29 Sep 2008
Delicious! I wanted to try this but don't have a bbq so I made it as sort of a stew instead by simply adding three tablespoons of water and letting it cook in a pot for 30 minutes on low. - 29 Sep 2008