Poached Salmon and Capers
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 fillets salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Bring stock and lemon juice to a boil in medium frying pan. Reduce heat to a simmer and place salmon fillets in pan. Cover and simmer over low heat until fish flakes easily with a fork - about 10 minutes. Remove salmon from pan; keep salmon warm.
- Boil remaining liquid in the pan until it is reduced by nearly half. Whisk in butter and stir in capers. Spoon sauce over fish. Season with pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
This was easy to make and sensational taste. I served it with steamed veges - 23 Nov 2009
Something else. Add white wine (little bit) at the last 5 minutes! - 08 Oct 2008
Used different ingredients. It was good. Kind of lemony. I used chicken stock instead of water and chicken stock cubes. The capers were a really nice touch. I reduced some wine at the end to give the sauce more body. Served w/ dill and lemon flavoured rice. Served it second time lemon-garlic green beans. - 08 Oct 2008