1 / 1 Picture by: Ita
Basic Pizza Sauce and Dough
- 1/4 cup warm water (45C)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 625g bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flat beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 cups roma tomatoes, with juice
- 340g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:40min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine flour, Italian herbs and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add yeast mixture, beer and oil. Pulse until a ball is formed. Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for several minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Allow dough to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Place dough balls in separate bowls, and cover with cling film. Allow to rise at room temperature for about 1 hour, then store in the refrigerate overnight.
- Sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add tomatoes and crush. Add tomato puree, basil, parsley and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!