1 / 1 Picture by: Cheesecakemama
Fiery Chicken and Vegetable Pasta
Serves : 6
- 500g fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pumpkin
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cut diagonally into 1cm thick slices
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups thickened cream
- 1 jalapeno chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g chicken breast meat, diced
- 1/2 cup (60g) flour for coating
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat, add the onions, pumpkin, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes until the vegetables are heated through but still firm. Pour in the cream and the cooked fettucine and simmer for 4 minutes. Mix in the jalapeno, garlic, mustard and Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and the tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Preheat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frypan over high heat. Coat the chicken meat with flour and pan fry for 5-10 minutes or until well done. Arrange the meat on top of the vegetables and pasta to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!