Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
Serves : 8
- 500g farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
- dried crushed chillies to taste
- 30g semi sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 125g prepared pesto
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and then drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft. Add the chicken, season with chillies and cook until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. Toss to coat evenly.
Used different ingredients. My husband & I really liked this simple pasta dish. I was hungry for something with pesto. I made my own for this; my recipe produced about a cup of pesto and I ended up using it all; 1/2c didn't seem like enough. I'm not used to using crushed red capsicumflakes so wasn't certain how much to add; did about 1/4 tsp and it was just right; might do slightly more next time. Sprinkled parmesan and toasted pine nuts on top of each serving. YUMMO! Thanks so much, Kristin! (My pesto recipe: 1/2c evoo, 1c fresh basil leaves, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2c toasted pine nuts, 1/2c parmesan; blend all together in blender or food processor.) - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. This is a good recipe.... I made a few modifications - I used 16 dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes instead of oil-packed (soaked them in boiling water for 3-5 minutes and then coarsely chopped) and added a handful of toasted pine nuts (omitted red capsicumflakes though). Very easy and tasty. I used half of a 270mL basil Classico pesto, if that helps anyone. - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Try with 2 diced smoked chicken breasts heated through. - 30 Apr 2010