Walnut and Rocket Pesto
Serves : 8
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 30g coarsely chopped rocket, stems included
- handful coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 250g spaghetti
Preparation:25min › Ready in:25min
- Combine the walnuts, garlic, rocket and basil in a food processor or blender. Process just until they are coarsely chopped. While the machine is running, add the olive oil in a thin stream. Transfer the pesto to a bowl. At this point the pesto can be frozen. Thaw before proceeding.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne into the pesto.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta, return it to the empty pot and toss it with the pesto, adding a tablespoon or two of water if necessary to distribute the pesto evenly.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl or to individual plates, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve.
Made this for lunch today and it was so fantastic! I've only used basil for pesto and being that I love rocket this was a really nice change. Thanks Jessica!!!! - 08 Oct 2008
This was a little bit too "rocket-y" for me! Maybe it would have been improved by using more basil and less rocket. Also, this should be made with a mildly-flavoured olive oil, so that the rocket and olive flavours aren't overwhelming. It's worth a second try, though! - 08 Oct 2008
VERY flavourFUL! - 08 Oct 2008