1 / 1 Picture by: CC♥'s2bake
Walnut Caramel Bars
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 cup (150g) quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 185g melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 185g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease one 20cm square pan.
- Combine the 1 cup flour, bicarb soda, oats, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Mix to combine, mixture will be very crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then sprinkle over the crust the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Mix the caramel ice cream topping with the 3 tablespoons of flour and drizzle over the chocolate chips. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture. You will need to break it into small pieces to cover.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!