Meringue Pie Topping
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Blend cornflour and cold water in a saucepan. Add boiling water, and stir until thick and clear. Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites till foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Add salt and vanilla, and slowly beat in cold cornflour mixture. Beat quickly for several minutes.
- Spread meringue on filled, cooled 23cm pie.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
absolutley perfect and tasty meringue. A little more work than usual but there is no guess as to how it will turn out. Tried it twice and it came out the same both times - perfect !! - 21 Jul 2008
This meringue is wonderful! I followed the recipe exactly as written and it turned out beautifully. I am thrilled that I found this recipe.I will be making this recipe exclusively in the future. - 21 Jul 2008
PERFECT!! Today was the perfect test of a truely good recipe that stands up to its name. thanks for a super no fail recipe. - 21 Jul 2008