Feta and Kalamata Spaghetti
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- dried oregano to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic 2 minutes. Mix in mushrooms and zucchini. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in olives and cook until heated through. Place pasta in the frying pan, toss to coat and continue cooking about 2 minutes. Toss with feta cheese to serve.
Used different ingredients. EDIT: I MEANT I ADDED THESE INGREDIENTS TO THE RECIPE! This is delicious! I used 60g spaghetti, much more garlic, some minced onions, one small yellow sweet-hot capsicum, more zucchini, green beans, spinach, a can of olives, and more feta. With more vegetables and less pasta, it's just wonderful. Thank you. - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. My husband and I thought it was absolutely delicious. I sauteed the zucchini with the mushrooms in olive oil, and added the garlic only when the veggies were almost ready so as to keep the flavour and not burn it. We also added a lot more feta, cut into small cubes (about 1-2 oz for half the recipe). Next time, we might add a diced fresh tomato. Thanks! - 29 Sep 2008
This was excellent-- a perfectly light summer pasta. It was drier than we expected, and I did add an extra tablespoon of olive oil. Overall, it was well-received in our family. Thanks! (I finely chopped the veggies instead of having larger slices) - 29 Sep 2008