1 / 1 Picture by: Kelly
Lentil and Feta Salad with Dill and Mint
- 1 1/4 cups risoni pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup (150g) dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup (85ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:30min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hours chilling › Ready in:2hours50min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Transfer pasta into a large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil; cover, and refrigerate until cool.
- Place lentils into a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until lentils are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove pasta from refrigerator; add lentils, oil mixture, olives, feta cheese, red onion, mint and dill; stir until thoroughly blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!