Quick and Easy Donuts
- 630g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80g butter
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- oil for deep frying
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in butter. Mix in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and milk together, make a well in flour mix and pour in. Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface to about 1cm thickness and cut to shape of choice. Personally I use 2 different sized biscuit cutters.
- Cook in hot deep frying oil for 30 seconds, turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper. Roll in sugar or decorate and serve!
Made it healthier. Used half wholemeal four, and add one more teaspoon extra of baking powder. - 28 Apr 2010
This recipe is rubbish. I thought id try it. I've made doughnuts before with yest but I thought there might of been a quick recipe and found this. They come out dense and don't puff up like they should. Would not bother. - 31 Dec 2013