1 / 1
26 people made this
This recipe makes a very moist and light buttermilk cake. Easy to make and even easier to fall in love with. Great for baby showers because it is so light.
250g copha or margarine
3 cups (660g) white sugar
3 cups (375g) plain flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 dash vanilla essence
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and flour a ring tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream copha and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mix in well.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, and combine.
- Pour into prepared ring tin. Bake for 1 hour or until bottom is golden and knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate