Blackberry Jam Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
2 / 2
8 people made this
A delicious light and fruity blackberry jam cake with cream cheese icing. Great for a summer dessert with ice cream, or with coffee.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 cup (80g) raisins
100g shortening, such as butter or margarine
1 cup (200g) white sugar
1 cup blackberry jam
3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
225g cream cheese
450g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Grease and flour two 23cm round pans. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix flour with bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Add nuts and raisins to dry ingredients if using.
- In a separate bowl cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add jam. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool, and ice with cream cheese icing.
- To make cream cheese icing: mix together until creamy 55g butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate