1 / 1 Picture by: GourmetGirl
Blackberry Jam Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup (80g) raisins
- 100g shortening, such as butter or margarine
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 55g butter
- 225g cream cheese
- 450g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- Grease and flour two 23cm round pans. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix flour with bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Add nuts and raisins to dry ingredients if using.
- In a separate bowl cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add jam. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool, and ice with cream cheese icing.
- To make cream cheese icing: mix together until creamy 55g butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!