1 / 1 Picture by: celestiacharms
- 300g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (270g) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) light golden syrup
- 2 small eggs
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Stir in golden syrup and eggs; cream well. Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and pepper. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough over night.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roll out dough to 5mm thickness. Cut out biscuits with a 5cm round biscuit cutter. Place at least 3cm apart on baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!