1 / 1 Picture by: GodivaGirl
Self-Saucing Pudding Cake
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (185g) white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed (125g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups (440ml) hot water
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In ungreased 23cm square pan stir together flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with fork until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour hot water over batter - do not stir! Bake 40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes; cut into squares. Invert each square onto dessert plate. Top with ice cream and spoon sauce over each serving. Makes 9 servings.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!