Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge
4 people made this
This is a great fudge to make for a food gift at Christmas. All of my friends love it. You can also use walnuts if you prefer.
1 tablespoon (20g) butter
150ml evaporated milk
pinch of salt
80g halved hazelnuts
300g plain chocolate bits
- Generously grease a 20cm square cake tin.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk and sugar. Bring to boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer the mixture gently, continuing to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the hazelnuts and chocolate bits. Stir until the chocolate bits have completely melted.
- Quickly pour the fudge mixture into the prepared tin and spread it out evenly, using a palette knife. Chill until firm and then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container, separating the layers with baking or greaseproof paper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate