1 / 1 Picture by: *Sherri*
Roasted Garlic Portobello Burgers
- 1 red capsicum
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 4 slices onion
- 4 round bread rolls, split
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
- 125g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 4 slices tomato
- 16 fresh basil leaves, divided
Preparation:40min › Cook:15min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat the barbecue for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place the capsicum onto the preheated grate and barbecue until the skin is completely charred on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Place the capsicum into a plastic bag, seal the bag and let cool. When cooled remove the charred skin, slice the capsicum into quarters and remove the seeds. Thinly slice the capsicum and set aside.
- Mix salt and pepper into the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the smooth side of the mushrooms with the seasoned oil and barbecue, oiled side down, until the mushrooms show grate marks, about 3 minutes. Brush the gill sides of the mushrooms with more seasoned olive oil, flip the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are softened and juicy, about 3 more minutes. Set the mushrooms aside and keep warm.
- Lightly cook the slices of onion until softened and lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Spread the rolls out onto the barbecue to toast, about 1 minute. Mix the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a bowl.
- Spread each roll with garlic mayonnaise and make each sandwich with 1 mushroom cap, sliced mozzarella cheese, 1 slice of tomato, 4 basil leaves, 1 slice of grilled onion and 1/4 the roasted capsicum slices.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!