Baked Apple Dumplings
1 / 1
2 people made this
This is a very old baked apple dumpling recipe but it is so easy, it is just apples in pastry. Serve hot or cold with custard, cream or ice cream.
250g ready made shortcrust pastry
4 small cooking apples, peeled and cored but not sliced
30g light soft brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut four circles round a saucer.
- Place one apple in the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Mix together the sultanas, sugar, butter and cinnamon then place equal amounts in the centre of each apple.
- Enclose the apples completely in pastry and invert onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg or milk and bake for twenty five minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar as they come out of the oven.
I made these on the weekend but cut each apple in half as I thought the whole apples would be too big...plus less apples go further. Still the same cook time. Nice idea for a dessert
- 22 Sep 2009
Write a review
Click on stars to rate