Baked Apple Dumplings
- 250g ready made shortcrust pastry
- 4 small cooking apples, peeled and cored but not sliced
- 30g sultanas
- 30g light soft brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut four circles round a saucer.
- Place one apple in the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Mix together the sultanas, sugar, butter and cinnamon then place equal amounts in the centre of each apple.
- Enclose the apples completely in pastry and invert onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg or milk and bake for twenty five minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar as they come out of the oven.
I made these on the weekend but cut each apple in half as I thought the whole apples would be too big...plus less apples go further. Still the same cook time. Nice idea for a dessert - 22 Sep 2009