1 / 1 Picture by:
Spiced Kidney Beans (Fasoulia)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 hot chilli, finely chopped, or more to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 (420g) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat; cook the onion, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chilli; cook and stir until softened, about 5 more minutes. Mix in tomato and tomato paste; stir to combine with the onion and chilli.
- Pour in the kidney beans with their liquid; stir in the cumin and curry powder. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the beans are hot and the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!