Tuna and Macaroni Salad
1 / 1
154 people made this
A simple salad that makes a great lunch or light dinner, tuna and pasta is combined with peas, hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise.
3 cups macaroni
150g frozen green peas
375g tinned tuna, drained
1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Over medium heat bring water to a full boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Immediately plunge eggs into cold water.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put frozen peas into a colander and rinse with hot water; drain well.
- In a large bowl place the macaroni and peas. Peel eggs and dice them into the bowl. Put the tuna in the bowl flaking it apart.
- Stir mayonnaise into the mixture a little at a time so the mixture is moist but not soggy. Sprinkle the salt and pepper then mix one last time.
- Cover and refrigerate for a least one hour or overnight.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate