1 / 1
30 people made this
I have always been a fan of chocolate brownies but this one with the coffee is definitely my favourite. I like to serve it warm as a dessert with coffee.
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup (90g) plain flour
1/2 cup (125g) white sugar
1 pinch bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon coffee-flavoured liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup (60g) icing sugar, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In the 20x20cm cake tin melt the butter and chocolate chips on the stove top over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the coffee, egg and yolk.
- Sift together the flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda then stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla and coffee liqueur.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly then dust with icing sugar. Cut into squares.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate