1 / 1
241 people made this
My friends call this recipe the Italian version of French toast, although I just think it is a great cinnamon biscotti.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup (155g) white sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg, whisked
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt then set aside. In a medium bowl cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 22cm long and 4cm wide.
- Place logs on the prepared baking tray and flatten slightly. Brush with the whisked egg.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven until golden and firm to the touch. Cool for 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board slice each log crosswise at a diagonal into 1cm slices using a serrated knife. Place back on the baking tray and sprinkle with a mixture of the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until toasted. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate