Walnut and Chocolate Rum Balls
1 / 1
25 people made this
These easy to make rum balls are dense yet still moist, they contain a dark rum and walnuts giving a great flavour.
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup (220g) white sugar
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup (125ml) dark rum
2 1/2 cups vanilla biscuit crumbs
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1/2 cup of sugar and the golden syrup then the rum.
- In a separate bowl stir together the biscuit crumbs and walnuts.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the nut mixture and stir until well blended.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the dough into 2cm balls then roll the balls in the sugar to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least overnight for best flavour. These can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate