1 / 1 Picture by: rebeqah
Chicken and Chickpea Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (185g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 90g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) water, or as needed
- 4 sprigs coriander, for garnish
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onion and chicken until the onion is dark brown and the chicken is golden; about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, curry powder, cinnamon and clove. Cook and stir until the spices are fragrant and the garlic has softened slightly; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover and increase heat to medium-high and allow the sauce to reduce to your desired consistency. Stir in additional water if too thick. Garnish with coriander to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!