1 / 1 Picture by: feb2772
Stir Fried Chicken Pasta
Serves : 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 5 teaspoons white sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 375g linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 250g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally into 1cm pieces
Preparation:45min › Cook:30min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:2hours15min
- In a medium non-reactive bowl combine the chicken with 2 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix this together and coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In another medium bowl combine the chicken stock, water, sesame oil and ground black pepper with the remaining sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- In a separate small bowl dissolve the cornflour with some of this mixture then slowly add to the chicken stock mixture, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer this and all juices to a warm plate.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or saucepan over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, mushrooms and spring onions then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the reserved sauce mixture and then the chicken. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken; about 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta and toss gently coating everything well with the sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!