1 / 1 Picture by: OmaCindy
Chicken with Dumplings
- 1 (approx 1kg) whole chicken
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (250ml) hot chicken stock
- 1 egg
Preparation:20min › Cook:2hours › Ready in:2hours20min
- Chicken: In a large saucepan cover the chicken with salted water and simmer until cooked through. When tender remove chicken from the saucepan. Remove meat from bones and keep warm while making the dumplings.
- Dumplings: Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour/powder mixture then pour in hot chicken stock mixing first with a fork then with your fingers. Add the egg and mix well again.
- Knead the dough for a few seconds on a floured board. Separate the dough into 4 or 5 parts and roll as thin as possible. Cut into 5cm wide pieces. Break these into 5cm long strips. Drop into boiling chicken stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with previously prepared meat.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!