1 / 1 Picture by: Nobody'sGirl
American Hot Dog
- 1 hot dog
- 1 poppy seed hot dog bun
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet green pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 4 tomato wedges
- 1 dill pickle
- 2 small pickled chillies, optional
- 1 pinch celery salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low then place a hot dog in water and cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove hot dog and set aside. Carefully place a steamer basket into the saucepan and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm.
- Place hot dog in the steamed bun.
- Pile on the toppings in this order; yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, tomato wedges, pickle, pickled chillies and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the hot dog and the top of the bun. Place the pickle between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun. Don't even think about tomato sauce!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!