Spicy Tofu with Capsicum
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) peanut oil
- 400g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (85ml) hot water
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
Preparation:10min › Cook:12min › Ready in:22min
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot. Pour in oil and toss in the tofu, stir fry until browned on all sides. Once browned, toss in onion, red pepper, chilli and garlic; stir fry until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornflour and crushed chillies.
- Pour over tofu and vegetables, stir fry gently over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
Used different ingredients. Very tasty. I added chicken stock instead of water. When I open a can or box of chicken stock and have leftovers I pour it in an ice cube tray then put the frozen cubes in a zip top bag. Then you have small amounts available without opening a whole can. - 29 Sep 2008
so yum! so easy! I changed some ingredients to suit what I had in the fridge. I didn't have chilli flakes but did have chilli sauce... worked just as well - 03 Apr 2012
- 09 Sep 2010