1 / 1
16 people made this
This is a great dessert that is based on the traditional cheesecake, however instead of a crumb base it uses a vanilla cake mix.
1 vanilla cake mix
1kg cream cheese
4 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 1/3 cups (310g) white sugar
625g frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup (125ml) white sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) Kirsch
250ml whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 22x32cm cake tin.
- Prepare cake mix according to packet instructions. Pour into the cake tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Carefully spread over cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- Raspberry Topping: In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine the raspberries, sugar and Kirsch then process until pureed.
- Serve the cheese cake dessert with the raspberry topping and whipped cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate