Homemade Pasta with Spinach
- 1 1/4 cups (125g) torn spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (180g) plain flour
Preparation:30min › Cook:3min › Extra time:2hours drying › Ready in:2hours33min
- Combine spinach and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook till spinach is very tender. Cool slightly.
- Place spinach and liquid in a blender along with the egg and salt. Blend till smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute. Roll out very thinly on a floured surface. Cover and rest for 20 minutes. Roll dough up loosely. Cut into 5cm wide lengths. Unroll. Cut into desired lengths. Spread out on a rack to dry for 2 hours.
- Cook as for any fresh pasta in plenty of rapidly boiling salted water. Drain in a colander and use as desired.
Fresh pasta needs only a few minutes in boiling water and it's done. It is finished cooking when the pasta rises to the surface.
Tasty noodles don't really taste like spinach so my kids liked them too! - 21 Jul 2008
Worked out really well. - 21 Jul 2008