1 / 1
24 people made this
This is a Dutch recipe for buttercake. It produces a medium density cake with a delicate lemon aroma. Delicious!
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon white sugar
280g butter, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour one 25cm loaf tin.
- Mix grated lemon zest with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Beat butter and sugar with vanilla sugar and lemon zest until the mixture becomes white and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each one.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and then carefully fold into the butter and egg mixture. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin.
- Bake cake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate