1 / 1 Picture by: SPUNKI MO
Serves : 12
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition; then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Topping: In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!