1 / 1 Picture by: Tricia Jaeger
Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins
Serves : 24
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250g) white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together the flour, bicarb soda, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, oil and water until blended. Stir in the vinegar and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with chocolate batter then top with a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!