1 / 1 Picture by: Dan Boyce
Easy Ricotta Cheesecake
Serves : 12
- 700g ricotta cheese
- 450g cream cheese
- 1 cup (250g) white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:30min › Cook:2hours30min › Extra time:1hour cooling › Ready in:4hours
- Preheat oven to 170C. Wrap the outside bottom of a 25cm springform pan with foil to prevent water seeping in while baking.
- Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Place cheesecake in a large rectangular pan filled with 5cm of hot water. Carefully put into preheated oven without spilling water. Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool on counter for 60 minutes and then refrigerate. Serve when thoroughly chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!