1 / 1 Picture by: Pam-3BoysMama
Rich and Creamy Beef Stroganoff
- 500g fettuccini
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 500g beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 440g beef consomme, or stock
- 1/4 cup (65ml) Burgundy or Pinot Noir wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water, or as needed
- 250g sour cream
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until slightly tender. Mix in mushrooms and continue cooking 2 minutes. Place steak strips in saucepan and cook about 1 minute. Mix in consomme, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly blend flour with cold water until smooth. Reduce saucepan heat to low. While stirring constantly, slowly pour flour mixture into saucepan. Gradually return to boil while stirring rapidly until sauce is thick and smooth. Cover saucepan and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!