1 / 1
92 people made this
This is an easy dinner of cannelloni stuffed with a beef mixture then baked in a tomato based sauce. It is a good meal to make ahead then heat up when required.
10 cannelloni shells
250g beef mince
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon Italian mixed herbs
2 cups grated cheese, divided
1 (250g) tin tomato puree
1 (400g) tin stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place beef mince, onion and garlic in a large, deep frypan. Cook over medium high heat until beef is evenly brown. Remove from heat.
- Mix in breadcrumbs, Italian mixed herbs, egg and 1 cup grated cheese. Spoon filling into cannelloni shells.
- Combine tomato puree, stewed tomatoes, wine and mushrooms. Spoon sauce to cover the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange filled cannelloni in a single layer and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate