1 / 1
8 people made this
Similar to a cheese cake this dessert has a base crust then a cream cheese filling but also has an apple and cinnamon layer placed on top before baking.
185g butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
1/2 cup (125g) white sugar
500g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (60g) white sugar
2 eggs, whisked
3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Base: Mix together the butter, vanilla essence, plain flour and sugar in a bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 22cm springform pan.
- Filling: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs and vanilla essence. Pour the egg mixture over the crust.
- Topping: Combine the sliced apples, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Spoon apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Place the springform pan on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven until centre is set; 50 to 65 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate