1 / 1 Picture by: CherrieT
Barbados Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) white sugar
- 500g butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon almond essence
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour15min › Ready in:1hour30min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease and flour one 20cm ring tin.
- By hand with a spatula cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs all at once and beat well.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together. Add to butter mixture along with 1 cup of the milk. Continue to beat well; the batter will be doughy.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of milk along with the vanilla and almond essences. Pour batter into the prepared ring tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 180 degrees C and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!