Chicken Pasta Bake
1 / 1
67 people made this
This is a wonderful easy and tasty chicken pasta bake that combines marinated chicken breast with capsicum, broccoli, mushrooms and spaghetti noodles.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons Italian herb mix
1 teaspoon diced garlic
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 green capsicum, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
150g grated cheese
1 (500g) jar pasta sauce
Extra time:1hour marinating ›
- In shallow ceramic bowl combine olive oil, bay leaves, Italian herb mix, garlic, salt and pepper. Poke holes in chicken breasts and add to olive oil mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and cut into 1cm pieces. Cook in large frypan with marinade until chicken is light brown and sauce is bubbly. Remove bay leaves.
- Stir capsicum, onion, broccoli and mushrooms into frypan then allow to simmer until tender; about 5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Return pasta to saucepan then add chicken mixture and spaghetti sauce. Stir. Pour mixture into 23x33cm baking dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate