Bacon, Cheese and Mushroom Muffins
1 / 1
76 people made this
Bacon goes well in everything so why not muffins. These are easy to make and a great savoury treat, sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if desired.
6 rashers bacon
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 teaspoons dried chives
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 egg, whisked
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
1/2 cup (125ml) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Place bacon in a large deep frypan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray or use muffin cases.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, cream of mushroom soup and vegetable oil. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
These are so delicious!
- 29 Jun 2011
Added my own twist to it, came out great! Definitely a great and easy recipe!
- 18 Aug 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate